Senior Program Director
Urban League of Greater Cleveland (ULGC) is seeking an energetic and positive leader who is responsible for all the daily operations of all community based programs and services within the organization. The key responsibilities of this role will be to drive and develop the workforce programs, create direction and oversee the success of the ULGC Workforce programs, staff and community engagement. Partner with employers, government agencies and other non-profit organizations to recruit, train and successfully place minority workers in various professions. Strategically explore high potential employment sectors and provide training opportunities to expand the pool of minority talent in those areas with high demand for employment. This position is critical for ULGC staff management and growth, this role will provide team building an engagement, community relationship development. Oversee all programs operations to ensure quality, budget compliance, and adherence to program goals and outcomes. Manage human resources within programs service areas, including assistance with recruitment, training, and regular evaluations of job performance. Implement managerial strategies that will promote and encourage staff and the organizational culture overall.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. Provide day to day management and supervision for the SOAR, UYEP, 1st STEP and C2 programs.
2. Manage and operate programs in compliance with affiliated contracts ensuring all programs meet and/or exceed performance measures.
3. Recruit and partner with local employers to develop employment opportunities for program participants. Assist clients in developing an effective resume to increase participant’s success of obtaining employment.
4. Provide assessment of all program’s effectiveness instituting necessary changes.
5. Evaluate the curricula used in each program regularly and updating as needed.
6. Establish and monitor reporting requirements for program and staff to ensure that contact performance goals are met.
7. Attend funder, community and/or industry meetings to stay informed of changes within the programs and contracts.
8. Assist with budget preparations for all programs as well as monitoring program billings and expenditures.
9. Assist in the identification of funding opportunities for programs.
10. Provide direct supervision of staff, including reviews, developing goals, and establishing professional development plans.
11. Complete staff evaluations utilizing Success Factors.
12. Accurately prepare all required reports and documentation in a timely manner.
13. Establish relationships with other WFD professionals in the community, both locally and within the National Urban League.
14. Represent the Urban League at selected public and committee boards, committees and forums in a professional and courteous manner.
15. Balance and Stabilize the organizations culture.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Nonprofit, Social Work or related fields and/or experience preferred.
• Previous experience in program management and supervision.
• Driver’s License, reliable transportation and insurance.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of Business English including, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Knowledge of Urban League programming.
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software applications.
• Ability to effectively manage database systems.
• Ability to work flexible schedules, including evenings and weekends.
• Ability to interact with internal and external League staff.
• Dynamic interpersonal skills.
• Display high level of professionalism and impeccable integrity and confidentiality.
• 5-7- years of Management of Foundations & or Government Agencies & or Non-Profit
• 3-5-years Managing a Professional Staff
• 2-3- Grant Management & Budgets
• 2-3- Community Partnership Development
• 2-3 Program Development
• Excellent Verbal & Written Skills
Please send resume & cover letter to email@example.com